ALTUS LSA is a Hellenic company specialised in the development and services provision with Unmanned Solutions and innovative technology programs.
By establishing a variety of strategic partnerships and synergies worldwide, Altus LSA aims to the development of a European centre of excellence in the field of Unmanned Systems and Target Drones with worldwide service capabilities.
ALTUS LSA delivers a portfolio of turnkey solutions for: Green (Land) & Blue (Maritime) border surveillance, Intelligence gathering, Environmental monitoring, Natural disaster management, GIS & mapping applications, Protection of critical infrastructure, Riot control, Search & Rescue missions, monitoring of large-scale Construction projects and research applications. Altus LSA operates and maintains its own fleet of UAS.
ALTUS LSA already holds a significant customer portfolio that consisting major stakeholders in the Aviation and security industry. Ongoing services and co-operations involve NATO, Hellenic Army/ Navy/ Airforce, EU and Middle East defense and security forces, Environmental Monitoring Agency (EMSA) and many other.
ALTUS has been certified for Services Provision (repair, maintenance, operations & supply) with Unmanned Systems (aerial or surface) & Tow targets. Research, Development and Production activities of relevant systems. Technical support in specialized software applications, according to the following standards:
- Quality Assurance: ISO 9001:2008.
- Environmental Management: ISO 14001:2004.
- Information Management System: ISO 27001:2013.
- Systems and Software Engineering: ISO 15288:2015.
- Security Clearance: NATO/EU/NATIONAL Secret security clearance for Company personnel and facilities, awarded by the Hellenic Ministry of Defence.
- Business Ethics: TRACE certificate membership signifying the company’s commitment to transparency in international commercial transactions.
Over the last 5 years, ALTUS LSA has successfully executed a variety of Research programs with UAS technology:
- EU FP 7 collaborative project ''SUNNY - Smart UNmanned aerial vehicle sensor Network for detection of border crossing and illegal entrY''
The SUNNY project aims to develop system solutions capable of improving the effectiveness of the EU border monitoring compared to the legacy systems, whilst keeping the affordability and interoperability as key enabling factors. Via the integration of technologies developed across different initiatives, the SUNNY approach will deliver pre-processed information with meaningful decision support tools enabling the reduction of number and required level of expertise of border surveillance personnel.
SUNNY main features beyond existing research projects:
- A two-tier intelligent heterogeneous UAV sensor network. Novel sensors and on-board processing generation, integrated on UAV system.
- Exploitation and adaptation of emerging standard wireless technologies and architectures to the SUNNY scenarios.
- ALTUS LSA Tasks are:
- Integration Work Package Leader for all sensors on vehicles.
- Development, Integration, Testing and Servicing of Two Platforms.
- Hellenic-Israeli research and development program “FERMIS’’ UAV based solution - Fire Event Remote Management Information System.
FERMIS -Fire Event Remote Management Information System- aims to fulfill the expectations and needs of the market for the next generation of Airborne sensors, by providing a complete set of tools and sensors that from one hand will improve current supported UAV features and will further expand them into "multi-sensing flying platforms".
The main goal of FERMIS is to design, develop and demonstrate a comprehensive solution for early fire detection, prevention, monitoring, prediction and fire-fighting, by the use of advanced and integrated aerial sensing system coupled with innovative sensors and a cloud-based architecture software.